Real Estate is a huge expense for any business, but it also can often be frustrating and constricting. We hear you.
Our job is to make your real estate lease simple and to guide you through the process.
We are here to eliminate headaches and fight for you. New businesses, fast growing businesses, and businesses looking for their first physical location are a specialty of ours.
- Find the right location. We drill down on where your talent comes from today, and we will work to analyze where future talent will come from. What kind of access, amenities, or other needs does your business have?
- Determine the right amount of space. We study industry trends and work with architects, and/or racking consultants for your warehouse function, to determine how much space you need now and in the future.
- What is your budget? It is always a tough question, but also necessary. Sometimes a company’s budget does not fit a particular class or location of buildings. HOWEVER, since we are active in the market, we are able to identify subleases and off-market availabilities that may be offered at a steep discount that will, in fact, fit your budget.
- Negotiate the business points. It is our job to make sure you have options. We get you the best rate with the best buildout (tenant improvement package), but it is also important that we give you options: beneficial occupancy, option to purchase, competitor restrictions,hold over, sublease rights, signage, security deposit, contraction option, termination option, expansion option, tenant improvements, right of first refusal, and renewal options, just to name a few.
- Design the Space. It is important to engage an architect early in the process. Our project management team can help you to evaluate architects that align with your business and reflect the image you want to present. It is also important to solicit bids from contractors to building space… We can help you evaluate these proposals and see how far the money from your landlord will go.
- Negotiate a flexible lease. So, you found the space and negotiated the rate and general terms through a proposal or letter of intent; you are home free, right? Wrong… It is at the lease that we see companies make mistakes with lasting consequences. The fact of the matter is, as long as nothing goes wrong, and you pay rent, you won’t feel the need to look at your lease. Something usually goes wrong though, and it is putting in the extra effort to review the documents and making sure that you ask for the right business terms, caps, exclusions, indemnity, and service provisions that can really matter when you-know-what hits the fan. We also believe a good real estate attorney is worth their weight in gold and always recommend our clients seek legal advice and review. We have relationships with attorneys specializing in real estate that can help, regardless of your budget.
- Build the space. Anyone that has ever leased space will tell you the most trying part of a new lease is the construction. You want it to look a certain way and be built right. Our project management team will help you every step of the way. From construction through furniture selection and purchase to move-in. We have you covered.
- Move in. The space is ready, it’s time to make it yours.
A typical lease can take six to 6-12 months from the first step until move in. We are there for your every step of the way.
This sample timeline helps illustrate the process.